Please visit our new blog , notaccidentlly.blogspot.com

Please visit our new blog , notaccidentlly.blogspot.com
As we sat and talked we were reminded of how many times God has stepped into our lives and provided a miracle. This blog will be the opportunity for us to write these down for the next generation, and hopefully inspire you in your walk with God. Come by every Tuesday for a new post.

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

THE STOPLIGHT




 

PSALMS 33:20

We wait in hope for the LORD;
he is our help and our shield.



One evening when my children were little, I was visiting my parents and went home around 8:00 pm.  My husband was a firefighter and I would often have dinner with them instead of eating alone.

To get to our house there was one major intersection with a stoplight.  I consider myself a cautious driver but had often just trusted the green light.  This night my light was green but as I approached the light I slowed down to almost a COMPLETE STOP.  For no reason really.  Suddenly a driver ran the red light going about 70mph.  After he sped by and I managed to get through my green light I had to pull my car over.  I was shaking and crying and thanking God for protecting my little family.

This was NOT ACCIDENTALLY.  This experience has affected the way I drive to this day.  I always look to see if the other driver is aware of his light!!! And now with people talking on their cell phones and texting, it's even more important. Thank you Jesus for looking after us that night.



Ann

For those we are linking with click on the badge on the side bar.
Linking with :
Titus 2sday
Walk with Him Wednesdays
Thought Provoking Thursday
Brag on God Fridays'
Spiritual Sunday

3 comments:

  1. Sis, it is amazing to be writing all these down for the next generation. Wonderful post. Love you, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ann - When things like that happen I know God is involved. I take it as a sign from Him and like you say it changed your driving habits forever. He is so gracious with us.
    God bless
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. It was no accident. That's for sure, and I'm so glad that there was no accident. It always pays to be alert to all the other drivers on the road. You never know what crazy thing they may do.
    Thank you for sharing this inspiring story.
    Blessings,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete